PEN 1.05% 9.4¢ peninsula energy limited

We need nuclear energy, and we need a lot of it fast Q: What...

1. 13,367 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 16
    We need nuclear energy, and we need a lot of it fast
    Q: What about the Japan nuclear crisis resulting from the earthquake & tsunami?
    A: Ultimately what could happen to nuclear energy in terms of a worldwide feeling, is not a good thing.
    Q: Are we overreacting? Germany sidelining some nuclear reactors?
    A: When you see what's going on in Japan, certainly you can't say overreacting, but, look, nuclear is a way that we get what we have to get, which is energy. I think that probably there's not an overreaction, but we have to be very, very careful. I worry about terrorists. I worry about other things beyond just that. I'm very strongly in favor of nuclear energy. You know, it's sort of interesting. If a plane goes down, people keep flying. If you get into an auto crash, people keep driving. There are problems in life. Not everything is so perfect. You have to look very carefully, though, at really taking care; having the best people in terms of safeguards for nuclear energy. But we do need nuclear energy, and we need a lot of it fast.

Source: Interview on Your World with Neil Cavuto , Mar 15, 2011http://www.ontheissues.org/2016/Donald_Trump_Energy_+_Oil.htm

Donald Trump: The real estate mogul has made strong public statements supporting nuclear power, but tends to favor further development of natural gas.
    In the aftermath of the 2011 Japan Fukushima nuclear disaster, Trump told Fox News “nuclear is a way we get what we have to get, which is energy.”
    “I’m in favor of nuclear energy, very strongly in favor of nuclear energy,” Trump said. “If a plane goes down people keep flying. If you get into an auto crash people keep driving.”
    The permitting process for nuclear power needs to be reformed, Trump explained. He qualified this statement saying “we have to be careful” because nuclear power “does have issues.” Trump specified that he favored the development of natural gas over nuclear energy in the same interview: “we’re the Saudi Arabia times 100 of natural gas, but we don’t use it.”

source: http://dailycaller.com/2016/02/20/heres-where-the-2016-candidates-stand-on-nuclear-power/[/sub]

Make of it what you will...
    Last edited by Hangseng: 09/11/16

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add PEN (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.