QOL queensland ores limited

For jooles:"That is a complete load of rubbish the NPV is used...

1. 145 Posts.
    For jooles:

"That is a complete load of rubbish the NPV is used to evaluate the amount of risk in a capital expenditure."

It matters *before* you spend the capex. If the NPV is negative before you start a project you don't go ahead with the project. NPVs are calculated from the present to the future. You can't unspend the capex. It is sunk. If no capex is to be spent from now on then the value of this project only contains the discounted cashflows from operations. Business 101 mate.

"Your post is full of dribble of course it matters!

I think the word you were searching for is drivel.

"Those calculations used the CURENT SPOT prices ..."

While spot prices might be transiently higher than contract prices it is unlikely small miners selling non-exchange traded metals would get funding if they planned to sell entirely on the spot market.

"The company did use an exchange rate of 85. Why don't you check page 13 of the announcement dated 29/10/2007"

yep and they updated it as the exchange rate changed. Check out the company info dated 2008, after all this is 2008 not 2007.

"This company is actually transporting the concentrates via truck down to Brisbane to ship out to China. You can wack a bit more of the bottom line, but I suppose you already knew that."

Yep, I actually made some posts about shipping through Brisbane instead of Townsville.

"The company repeatedly said they were debt free and had reserves in the bank. Go back on all of the announcements prior to BBY being appointed. All of a sudden the market is completely surprised when they find out that 10 million + is required to be raised."

Yep but they also said they would need to get money to complete capex. The only part of your drivel I agree with is that the money raised was significantly more than needed to complete capex payments. The company explains it as providing opex cashflow until they get revenue from concentrate. Personally don't see why they needed that much and have posted those thoughts previously.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add QOL (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.