Isaiah 53 -- exact prediction 700yrs b4 Christ born, page-4

1. 11,847 Posts.
    the Jews of the day rejected the claim of Messiah for Jesus.
    ----------
    DBT, as a generalization that is true, but it was not for the reason you gave. You need to be careful of forming an opinion based on biased sources.
    It was that they had the wrong expectation of what God's Kingdom was and when it was to come. Even Jesus apostles had to have their understanding corrected as shown by their question to Jesus following his resurrection.
    (Acts 1:6) So when they had assembled, they asked him: “Lord, are you restoring the kingdom to Israel at this time?”

They thought Jesus would free the nation from the Roman yoke and rule from Jerusalem as had his forefather David. It was when Jesus failed to be squeezed into their mold, many even of his disciples became disillusioned.
    (John 6:15) Then Jesus, knowing that they were about to come and seize him to make him king, withdrew again to the mountain all alone.
    He explained the role he would play in God's purpose , which many were not prepared to accept. - John 6:16-65.
    (John 6:66) Because of this, many of his disciples went off to the things behind and would no longer walk with him.

It was actually the fulfillment of prophecy that led to large numbers of Jews recognizing him as Messiah. The resurrected Jesus first used the Scriptures to strengthen the faith of the apostles. He did this by showing his death and resurrection was in fulfillment of prophecy.This was to equip them as his witnesses.

(Luke 24:44-48) He then said to them: “These are my words that I spoke to you while I was yet with you, that all the things written about me in the Law of Moses and in the Prophets and Psalms must be fulfilled.” 45 Then he opened up their minds fully to grasp the meaning of the Scriptures, 46 and he said to them, “This is what is written: that the Christ would suffer and rise from among the dead on the third day, 47 and on the basis of his name, repentance for forgiveness of sins would be preached in all the nations—starting out from Jerusalem. 48 You are to be witnesses of these things.
    Jesus promised:
    (Acts 1:8) But you will receive power when the holy spirit comes upon you, and you will be witnesses of me in Jerusalem, in all Ju·deʹa and Sa·marʹi·a, and to the most distant part of the earth.”

Peter empowered by holy spirit, seized on this training to give a fine witness before the nations leaders. - Acts 2:22-36. The many that rejected what he had to say were already hardened in their opposition to Jesus. On the other hand, others were "stabbed to the heart". - Acts 2:37.

What a marvelous endorsement came from those that responded favorably.
    (Acts 2:41) So those who gladly accepted his word were baptized, and on that day about 3,000 people were added.

Imagine that, 3,000 in just one day! And it didn't stop there.
    (Acts 6:7) Consequently, the word of God continued to spread, and the number of the disciples kept multiplying very much in Jerusalem; and a large crowd of priests began to be obedient to the faith.

So to say the Jews rejected Jesus is to swallow the line promoted by the hierarchy.
    (Acts 5:27, 28) So they brought them and stood them before the Sanʹhe·drin. Then the high priest questioned them 28 and said: “We strictly ordered you not to keep teaching on the basis of this name, and yet look! you have filled Jerusalem with your teaching, and you are determined to bring the blood of this man upon us.”

It was primarily those determined to maintain their position of influence that rejected the Messiah. It had nothing to do with prophecy. That is a more recently used excuse that doesn't stand up to scrutiny.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.