ISIS alive and ruthless in Africa, page-71

1. 42,180 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 1022
    You may want to do some research of Armenan genoicde that happened a century ago. These a re Christians being the victims but not much from anyone and only recently labelled as such, not even mcuh from Christian counties!

Yes, the Rohingas being from Bangledash is a common complain from your so called native Burmese among those of teh different tribes. No different to Kosova, Albanians illegally crossed the border to Serbia but the finally won their independence. Here with the European/US help so the message can be argued is not based purely on religious grounds.

A decade ago, at the height of our trade with China, I only heard great things from our largest trading partners. I wonder why? Could it be that they were perceived to be making throaway things that we in the West like based on price hence we could afford to replace easily without hitting our hip pocket? Nothing has changed except there is a wholesale rejection now because our most important military partner deemed them to be "strategic competitor". I suspect the Americans were caught out late in the realisation that they have lost the tech advantage of which you can read all about in the internet. Replace Toshiba/Alstom with Huawai and you see identical parallels.

My concern is closer to home, where do we draw the line on our mutual trading relationship? I had anticipated this quite a few years ago and also expected that Tibet/Taiwan and possible Uighr were the flashpoints as well as the dillema that we faced. I didn't expect the speed of execution of the process. This may explain some things in perspective. Clearly Chinese military is no match with the American on paper but the author made a good point comparing to Taliban, out powered by 10,000 times and yet there are in fact controlling Afghanistan with a bigger advantage after 2 decades of American occupation. They even outgun Russian military spending massively. Biden is playing right into the Russian/Chinese/Iranian hands, seems a no brainer pact forced together. To the Chinese, Russia/Iran have the commodities they seek albeit not as great a quality as our exports but the number 1 strategy is option!

We can 'listen' to our ASPI American proxy and spend $100B on N missiles. Do you know any locally listed entities that can take advantage of this hawkish stance. I sure would like to get exposure and hope we can use them in the future, not a war monger but reponsive defence.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.