Islam 101, page-174

1. 6,606 Posts.
    I'm rebooting and defragging. Only half way through.

The HC experience is an act of subjecting oneself to the extremes of the human, mental-landscape. Those who wander amongst the phantasmagoric of butterflies and dandelions, where deer and lions frolic, everybody lives forever and is 27 and hot, snakes can talk and all the wonders of natural order and reality can and will be overturned by the invocation of middle-aged men preaching, who know the mind of G.d.

And then on the opposite side of this fundamentalist coin that we just can't seem to lose down the back of the lounge, we have the howitzers protecting science and reason, the Cerberus who guard all that we don't know and may never know from even the slightest tincture of speculation, projected thought, or hypothesis.

Whatever happened to the middle ground where you couldn't just make any old ridiculous religious claim and expect people with half a brain to accept it and the bold frontiers of science that harvest truth inch by inch, but still had the courage to consider the mystery of life may harbour astonishing possibilities?

Just got back home after months in the sun, fishing, reading, kayaking, swimming and posting via a mobile phone and sausage fingers. I spent many hours talking to old fishermen, hippies and vagabonds and all is yet not lost.

But alas, the gigantic vans are on the march. Several times I had to dampen the enthusiasm of the friends and their love of the great outdoors when they pulled their 65" TVs from their vans and plonked them in their annexes. They were reeducated via my friendly face entering their annexes with warm greetings whilst describing future possible outcomes for their TVs.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.