re: re:mitsoss - world leaders coming around.... Hi...

1. 364 Posts.
    re: re:mitsoss - world leaders coming around.... Hi Mitsoss,
    Crunch time is coming, darn it.
    It seems I dont have a barrel-length problem, only calibre and magazine capacity.
    I have been advised to convert my .40 S&W calibre Para Ordnance to .357 Sig, which uses the same .40 calibre casing necked down to .38, so all I have to do is have the barrel sleeved.Same magazines work, course my 16 round mags would be replaced by 10 round mags.

With all the obstacles they put in the path of licensed handgun owners, there must be many who have considered surrendering and buying new ones on the black market.
    But then that would make us criminals. (lol.)

The best conversion for a .45ACP is the .38/45, which again is just a necked-down wildcat . All you need is to modify the barrell.
    Trouble with the above conversions is you have to load your own ammo.
    we only have till Dec 31st, which is approaching rapidly.
    Good luck.
    Might see you around the "markets" one day? LOL.

GZ, here is SA, we have until March 31st to comply, which thankfully gives us that little bit more time, but I have done absolutely nothing as yet, and I am sure I wont till about March 1st!!

Still in two minds as to what to do, that is, go to the trouble and expense to modify or just hand everything deemed illegal and with the money I receive, start fresh with "legal" calibres.

I guess I shall have to do some serious thinking over the next month or so and pull my finger out. I hear read some reviews on the 357 sig and from what I have read, its a great calibre ( you'll have no problems making major!!).

I never thought it would ever comes to this..... goes to show how naive I was (am??).

Good luck with what ever you decide to do.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.