Islamic terror attacks...I have the solution, page-2

1. 47,023 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 2
    Moondoong, the atrocities committed in Paris under the banner of Islamic outrage against Charlie Hebdo have appalled people world-wide. In condemning them to the extent that I am able to, I nevertheless think the murdering assassins have over-reached and thereby brought discredit, disrespect and damage to the movement they claim to champion.

That said, I think knee-jerk responses such as those in your lead post make you sound like a Stradivarius violin they're playing.

Please re-read your own post and ask yourself point by point what each of them might achieve - it appears to me like just letting off steam in a manner designed to offend and therefore likely to be counter-productive.

In reality it appears as though French authorities have identified those responsible and that, as with our Martin Place murderer, they were known to authorities. It appears as though this is yet another example of failure by the very organisations and institutions established by countries such as Australia and France to address such threats.

While holding the perpetrators of these atrocities to account we also need to hold to account our systems, processes and officials allowing them to inflict such pain on our societies.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.