Lapdog presses the Auld Leftie argument of moral equivalence to...

1. 10,401 Posts.
    Lapdog presses the Auld Leftie argument of moral equivalence to suggest all religions are pretty much the same.

Well, they're not, sport. Like you, I have visited mosques - I was in the Blue Mosque in Istanbul are few weeks ago. Yes, most people were friendly there, but what does that mean? Turkey, as an example, is being denied access to the Eurozone for very good reason. If push came to shove, muslim Turks would side with fellow muslims 9 times out of 10. Our closest neighbour, Indonesia, will never be really close. Again, because their religion aligns them with fellow muslims rather than neighbours. The list goes on.

Like you I am not religious, but I did have an upbringing of Sunday School and church on Sundays so have an idea of one religious philosophy. I am not aware that Jesus for example waged war, slaughtered innocents with a sword or married 10 year old children. Nor did he insist his followers kill unbelievers or ostracise a whole rade of people. I recall someone in Germany in the 30s did.

No, Lapdog, all religions are not equal. Most are peaceful - one stands out like a sore thumb, or should I say a cancerous wart.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.