To be honest I find it pretty scary what's happening Yttrium....

1. 20,020 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 870
    To be honest I find it pretty scary what's happening Yttrium. The more evidence of AGW the more sceptics and denialists seem to crawl out of the woodwork. At least here on HC they do anyway.

But the reason I find it scary is because it is going to take a lot of commitment and effort and technological know-how to resolve this problem and without the necessary electoral will it just won't happen.

As far as I am concerned anyone who stands in the way of cleaning up the planet is committing a moral crime against humanity. People might think that is a radical statement but I think a spade is a spade is a spade.

Just on the East Antarctica thing - I was wondering how we know what bit of Antarctica is east and what is west? Looks like it is the longtitudinal position as this part of Antarctica is about 60 deg E. Obviously there is no real east or west when you are right at the south pole. I guess in reality there everything is north, not that a compass would work anyway, I imagine?

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.