Isn't Pauline Hanson right?, page-108

1. 9,112 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 17869
    Both the Bible and Koran have very ordinary versus, however Christianity has moved on and most follow the 10 Commandments, particularly "Thou Shall Not Kill". You don't see beheadings in Vatican city these days.

You won't get too many runs on the board here given how far right many on here are. But I don't think muslims do themselves a favour either. I haven't seen too many muslims marching in the streets with placards saying not in my name, but draw a bad cartoon and you get thousands with stupid signs such as "Behead those who insult Allah". Not one that makes the right here feel warm with glow in softening their stance.

I don't mind who comes to Australia as long as they integrate (and integration here means you can keep those elements of the culture that do not clash with the Australian way of life). Given our budget position we should only be taking on skilled labour as well, but right now don't see a need. I genuinely believe people should be able to live in harmony together but right now some need more of a guiding hand than others

IMO muslims need to help themselves firstly by being more outspoken and show real unity by marching with 'not in my name slogans'. Actually simply be more visible. I know a few muslims who are not happy with what goes on but don't do anything to help their course either - they are nice and easy to work with but their silence is the problem here. Also anyone who commits a crime should be deported immediately - that might start sending a message of what is acceptable or not - starting with those Imams speaking crap about western values.

Finally I find the burka offensive but don't mind the hijab as it shows the face. The fact we have these debates over clothing that has no place in Australia - burka - is a problem in itself. It gives me a view that moderate muslims cannot have any influence on radical muslims to soften any stance and that is where fear on this forum I think comes from - that is the right believes too many muslims and the radicals will take over and guide the directionless moderates who are too scared to say no. Go to a mosque as well and see how many women are there and then go to a Catholic church as a comparison.

As an immigrant myself I think most cultures have integrated into the Australian way of life quite quickly. I think it has been a slower process for (some to many) muslims hence the distrust on this forum itself. Maybe time to play footy and drink beer with each other.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.