Agree kozzie - unions outlived their uselfulness some time ago....

1. 317 Posts.
    Agree kozzie - unions outlived their uselfulness some time ago. to defend the union by saying we would be like a third word country without them is misleading. There is literally no way Australia could or would un-develop, but we would definitely be a shift in work expectations and behaviours. By that I mean:
    - Companies could sack useless lazy "workers" and fill that job with workers who actually worked hard
    - Companies could sack employees who committed acts like theft or misuse of company property - try and sack a thief these days and see what happens
    - There would be no needless stop works, strikes or other garbage, solely for the sake of posturing and showing the "mongrel bosses" they don't have the power...
    - Productive workers, or those willing to work harder or longer for more cash could do so.

so how would that change australia? - well we'd be more productive, and the economy would be less controlled by the whim of union bosses, or unions that are little more than organised and legitimised crime rackets - stand over tactics, violence, thuggery.

Projects would get done, on time and on budget.

I'm not sure about anyone else, but I expect employees to actually work when I am paying them. They get their designated breaks and they get paid for the hours they work. A good employee is a great asset to a company, any employer knows this and would invariably try hard to keep that employee challenged and engaged, unions or no unions. All unions do is keep poor, uncommitted, or worse like employees that actively undermine the business with attitude or action employed in jobs they may not deserve.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.