I agree with you on some points. The unions did a great job of...

1. 317 Posts.
    I agree with you on some points. The unions did a great job of winning concessions for workers, and they helped shape the industrial landscape, formalising the working week, fighting for minimum wages and so on.

I don't have a company but instead work on a contract basis with teams of people wherever I am in the world. Right now I am Beijing - beautiful evening I might add. To be honest, I really like the contract system - you get a job offer, you do the job well and fit with the team, and you get a contract renewal - maybe a year or another 2 years. You turn out to be a slacker who would rather find excuses not to work, or take short cuts, or refuse to do things because you think they are below you or undermine the team or the business, then you are out - no renewal and no dismissal.

do you really think that dishonest workers should keep their jobs?
    do you really think lazy bludging employees should keep their jobs?
    do you think that workers who threaten other workers should keep their job?
    do you honestly think that striking to "get what you want" is fair. - If you didn't like the pay, why tale the job?
    do you think that it is fair for a union in an unrelated industry to strike simply to show support for another union is right or justifiable?
    do you think bullying workers into joining a union is fair?
    why do you think it is unfair for some workers to get paid more than others and be able to negotiate this, as long as they are willing to work harder, or a just better at the job?

sure, employers are not perfect, but unions are little more than a cancer on the australian economy - cells that have outlived their usefulness and simply refuse to die.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.