Isolating Australian Unions from Barrow LNG, page-23

1. 303 Posts.
    Bruceyg, thanks for the response, well appreciated. I spent 5 years working for Chevron Thailand on the MFP and the Benchamas upgrade project, I have since been involved in the Ubon project as a contractor and the bid and business development for Block B (Vietnam) and Gendalo Gehen, as massive FSU project in China and Indonesia hence, I am very familiar with Chevron, their way of working and their methodologies on numerous fronts.

I continue to work oversees and have done so since leaving the military in 1998. I am specialize in safety engineering hence the safety case and the Australia regulatory body NOPSEMA is a regular dealing of mine as is AQIS and AMSA, I sympathies with you.

I fully agree with Chevron having set the benchmark and this has caused many other O&G companies having to follow suit. But but but, I adamantly disagree with you in relation to safety, it is the unions who use safety as a bargaining tool to get things done. We have managed to knock that threat on the head by applying a few strategies when ever doing work in Australian territorial or state waters which has worked exceptionally well.

Where Chevron and many other oiler fail is to ensure that they isolate industrial relation issues (Union) away from safety, if they do that, the battle is won.

Thanks for the contribution, some interesting points being raised.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.