duff,You have ascribed motives and statements to me which are...

1. 2,070 Posts.
    duff,

You have ascribed motives and statements to me which are untrue. It's a fallacious methodology to contradict something I didn't say - makes it look like you made a point so that is annoying. Anyway I apologise for namecalling.

While I perceive the attachment you have for Israel, the facts are that Israel was a stupid expedient measure by the colonial powers that won the war - there was a massive inclination to do something to right the wrongs dealt the european jews but the decision to oil the zionist squeak was a wrong one. Israeli leadership started out militant (perhaps making the Arabs pay for the Holocaust) and has in recent years returned to hardline use of force and internationally criminal actions.

That doesn't excuse the bombings and killings by the Palestinians and other enemies of Israel, but it serves to weaken international support for Israel. Western allies are supposed to be the good guys don't you know? As for making you stronger - it might make you even less scrupulous and even more resourceful but basically a just peace will be the only solution if there is one.

The real issue for Israel is that Israelis are of european culture first and jewish second, so they resort to the colonialist tactics of manipulation and control rather than compromise and negotiation. Like I said - a festering sore in the middle east. Not just becuase they are jews, but because their leaders are racist western europeans.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.