I don’t understand an awful lot about this conflict, though I...

1. 5,876 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 305
    I don’t understand an awful lot about this conflict, though I have read a lot and listened and tried to understand both sides (there are of course always two sides and perspectives in every human conflict).

That being said, I can’t in all honesty see how anyone who’s objectively looking at the facts surrounding what happened on Oct 7th can be supporting Hamas. They want to destroy Israel, butcher civilians, fire 1000s of rockets at them - what are Israel supposed to do? When you listen to the Hamas supporters (and leaders) bring interviewed they are blatantly lying and denying (or seriously downplaying) the events of Oct 7th, then releasing seemingly unscathed prisoners, to try to garner sympathy - AND MILLIONS ARE FALLING FOR THE LIES.

I’m 100% sure there many things the Israelis are doing wrong and have done wrong. It’s easy to point the finger sitting in our comfy houses 1000s of miles away from this. But what are Israel supposed to do when there are terror groups on their doorstep who don’t want peace and want you and your people wiped out on religious grounds? What are they supposed to do now? Hamas don’t want to negotiate them.

How would you handle if if you were in their shoes?

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.