Israel Folau's comment isn't just a passage out of the Old...

1. 1,921 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 2
    Israel Folau's comment isn't just a passage out of the Old Testament, as the Apostle Paul in writing to the Corinthian church warned them in much the same way but more so than the OT law......
    1 Corinthians 6:9 Or do you not know that the unrighteous will not inherit the kingdom of God? Do not be deceived; neither fornicators, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor effeminate, nor homosexuals, 10 nor thieves, nor the covetous, nor drunkards, nor revilers, nor swindlers, will inherit the kingdom of God.11 Such were some of you; but you were washed, but you were sanctified, but you were justified in the name of the Lord Jesus Christ and in the Spirit of our God.
    In this passage he is speaking to the church at Corinth as he does in all his letters, and not to the "world" or in other words those who don't profess to be Christian .......he is speaking to those who say they are Christians but their behaviour says otherwise. He maintains that if you practice these sins then you cannot be a Christian as it is obvious that you have not met with Christ, you have not been transformed or renewed!
    John 3:16 “For God so loved the world, that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him shall not perish, but have eternal life. 17“For God did not send the Son into the world to judge the world, but that the world might be saved through Him. 18 “He who believes in Him is not judged; he who does not believe has been judged already, because he has not believed in the name of the only begotten Son of God.
    I don't know the context in which he made these comments or where he said them or to who they were said, but I hope it was without judgement if it concerned those who do not know the Lord Jesus Christ. However we are to "judge" those who are in the Church.
    1 Corinthians 5:12 "For what have I to do with judging outsiders? Do you not judge those who are within the church? 13 But those who are outside, God judges. REMOVE THE WICKED MAN FROM AMONG YOURSELVES".

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.