Israel kills Australian Aid Worker, page-374

1. 17,761 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 325
    I understand. But that’s not what lapdog said. After October 7 no one expected what has subsequently happened. I think we can all have sympathy for all the innocent victims. We can be horrified by the tactics used by both parties. And we can understand the history and the reasons all of this has unfolded. None of that is incompatible to a rational person.

you think that is a slur?
    whew sensitive wee thing aren’t you.
    I simply referred back to what you said and since you apparently know everything I write on hotcopper around the Middle East and Israel then it really shouldn’t be a problem that I didn’t tag you.

fyi my tag capability is limited for sone reason but there we are I have apparently upset you.

what I said in that post repeats what I said to you anyway. Immediately after October 7 no one expected the furious response and subsequent events. It is not unreasonable to have sympathy for the victims of the October 7 attack. At that time all the different versions weren’t out there either.

but you criticised the show of sympathy either because you hated Israel even then and you are post rationalising your hate, or you are retrofitting events

as for antisemitism. I am pretty sure you have given people the force of your opinion when they label blacks, Africans, Sudanese, gays, trans etc with generalised comments, assumptions, lump them all into one basket.

you and others have made Jews indivisible from Israel despite there being plenty of Jews who do not approve of what’s happening and are protesting against it and despite the facts that in the diaspora there are many Jews who are secular, hold a range of political views, don’t much care about their heritage or do.

That is antisemitic. But next time you chastise someone for their views about blacks or Muslims I shall remind you

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.