The trouble with propaganda is that the more there is, the more...

1. 8,604 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 912
    The trouble with propaganda is that the more there is, the more the general population seems to get on board and believe much of what is being 'sold' - irrespective of factual matter or lack of. These days with the aid of technology it is difficult to tell apart who is actually being honest and with lines like 'tell me lies tell me sweet little lies' people believe a lot of what is being bombarded at them just because someone said and keeps reiterating.

Mr. Putin is allegedly a war criminal but as for the Israeli prime minister it's justified to kill innocent people because a terrorist group allegedly started hostilities on a set date against it. As with Russia, no one cares what led up to 'acts of aggression' as both Russia and 'terrorist groups' against Israel are allegedly the culprits. One needs to dig a little deeper to see the real causes - and it gets very murky with all the propaganda.

Years ago I was waiting with my class mates for a relief teacher outside of a classroom. When the teacher arrived and as we were headed into the classroom another kid hit me rather hard, unprovoked. The teacher didn't see that but what the teacher saw was me pushing the same kid as he fell over in the room after I was punched. Of course it was my fault as he only saw me pushing the other kid. Justifiable push? Punishable by caning. Self defense for an act of aggression or eye for an eye? Perhaps should have just turned the other cheek? A matter of perspective and possible twisting a narrative to suit? rolleyes.png

This following sheds a little light on Palestinian and Jewish background - how much is true - who knows for sure but the excerpt is interesting:

https://blogs.timesofisrael.com/palestinians-and-ashkenazi-jews-co-indigenous-to-the-same-land/

Excerpt:

In order for this conflict to be resolved, Jewish people need to consider Palestinians as co-indigenous to the land, rather than believing Joan Peters and considering them some sort of imposters and foreigners.

It is no less important for Palestinians to accept that Ashkenazi Jews aren’t white Europeans; they are a diaspora Levantine population.....

A large part of the issue is that both Israelis and Palestinians wear the same necklace around their necks depicting the entire territory from the river to the sea.

To one, the whole lot of it is Israel and to the other, it is Palestine.

The only way forward is to change this attitude and to achieve the desired spirit of co-existence, each side must recognise the other as co-indigenous.

Australia itself could do with a dose of changing attitudes re achieving a desired spirit of co-existence rather than divisiveness. Moreover, people should learn to be more tolerant of others - there's only one planet and we all inhabit it - till someone decides they want it all to themselves, allegedly justifiably, whilst blowing others to kingdom come. There are plenty of past civilizations testament to such. Past, irrespective of any of those 'claimed' justifications. Life's too short as it is yet so many are hellbent on shortening it still for many. Yet we sing about peace on earth and goodwill toward men - just not to all men (or women) it seems. AIMO

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.