interesting post by steven starrThere are Intentional...

1. 1,636 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 721
    interesting post by steven starr

There are Intentional Electromagnetic Interference (IEMI) devices that can create powerful EMP effects, but the ones I am familiar with would have a radius of something like 100 yards or so (see Protecting Industry from HEMP and IEMI).

I think the type of device you are envisioning would indeed be a nuclear weapon. Russian and Chinese military texts refer to Super-EMP weapons, which create E1 fields that are 2 to 4 times more powerful than the EMP created by a nuclear weapon that has been built to maximize blast and thermal effects.

It is the gamma rays that create what is called the Compton Effect, which produces the E1 EMP wave. I suspect that Super-EMP weapons maximize production of gamma rays, and may also be able to focus the direction of the gama waves towards the surface of Earth. The gamma rays travel at the speed of light, and when they begin to interact with the atmosphere, they rip the electrons off of air molecules and send the electrons spinning towards Earth's surface, also at the speed of light. The spinning electrons interact with the Earth's magnetic field and produce an enormous electromagnetic wave.

In other words, if the story the Pepe Escobar tells is correct, then the weapon the F35 was carrying was a nuclear weapon, possibly configured to maximize an EMP effect.

I hope that is helpful.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.