Israel on War Alert - Operation Swords of Iron enacted, page-2911

1. 7,662 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 181
    I hope cooler heads prevail and they rethink other strategies to deal with Hamas rather than a large ground assault by Israeli forces into Gaza.
    It will be nothing short of catastrophic for both the Palestinians and the Israelis.
    Urban combat is a very high attrition /casualty exercise and without doubt Israeli forces will experience heavy losses the like of which they have not experienced before in modern times.
    Israeli forces compose mainly of reservists not full time professional soldiers. Most modern professional armies train constantly and regularly in the very unique and specific art of urban combat.
    Many of these forces being assembled have zero or very little training and knowledge of urban combat. In such a densely built up environment such as Gaza city, it will be a new hell.
    I don't want to see that, for Israel's sake and also for the Palestinian civilian population who will also die in the tens of thousands.
    And that is not even considering the possibility of other actors entering the fray and creating other fronts.
    The yanks now have two carrier battle groups in the eastern Mediterranean, that's almost unheard of, one is usually enough for show and to dictate who runs the playground, but two says the yanks are preparing contingencies for a hot war utilising their forces.
    Also the word is that they have also redeployed the 101st airborne from Hungary to Jordan.
    The yanks are preparing big contingency forces, it unfortunately does not look good.
    Again, I hope cooler heads can prevail!

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.