israel reportedly helping with u.s. war preparatio, page-64

1. 29,310 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 80
    re:bears and bulls, bullsh*t, traitors I am rather aghast how this situation is escalating.
    I see people I respected ( DaveR, Debono) calling klown a traitor because he is against attacking Iraq.
    You can call me one, too, just make sure I dont see it.
    My gut feeling is that most of the warmongers on this forum havent seen people blown to bits- women, children. Hey, Mojo, would that give you an erection?
    It's different to the movies, the sounds are real, the noises are real, the results are real- and permanent.
    The physical scars heal, the mental ones linger.....
    And someone who does not want to see that ( if possible) is a TRAITOR? Stone the crows, you guys are sick.

B&B, dear chap, you write: "You know that this could stop tomorrow, no today, if only all the factions on the Palestinian side would say, let's sit and talk, no more terror, and then ensure that it was not only rhetoric."
    That's been tried! Sharon WILL NOT meet with Arafat, who is the elected head of his people.
    You know there can be no peace until the last Arab is driven from Palestine. Israel has announced the enlargement of the settlements to accommodate the increased population.
    Sharon has said he wants the US to take out Iran soon as the Iraq issue is over. GW is going to be a busy boy.

Now, Israel is on record as having 100 nuclear warheads.
    Israel has threatened to use them on Iraq if attacked by Scuds in a big way. Isnt that a threat to world peace?

Now we have the situation where Australia will join the US in an attack on North Korea. Beauty.Dont you realise that to take on NK you are going to take on China? Boy, our troops are going to be busy.
    And to defend ourselves we will have to take on board the expensive and untried "Star Wars" defence system?
    And we havent even sorted out our Collins class subs, complements of Beasly?
    Now, do any of you believe North Korea is at this moment targetting Australia with nukes? They probably dont know who we are!
    Hey, DaveR (I think) said that anyone who doesnt believe in attacking Iraq is a traitor who doent want to preserve the Australian way of life - any idea of the number of establishments that now have to cater for Halal and Kosher foods? Is that the Australian way of life? I thought it was Holdens, meat pies, and tomato sauce -and a White Australia Policy.Our way of life has been eroding with the introduction of multiculturalism by Labor - dont blame me, I didnt vote for them.
    All ethnic migrants have been gradually sneaking in their "baggage" and accompanying agendas we dont really need.
    Am I a traitor for saying that the Australian way of life in the 50's & 60's was the greatest? It is still the best place to be, and I would be quite happy to die to preserve what we have left for mine.

Did you read Bush's vision for the middle east?
    What absolute cr*p!

A war on Iraq is the solution to peace in Palestine - by getting rid of Palestine's benefactor- Saddam.
    What rubbish!

Read for yourselves:

Click here to print this page

Bush outlines Iraq vision
    By Olivier Knox
    27Feb03

US President George W Bush broadened his case for war on Iraq today, saying toppling Saddam Hussein would spread democracy in the Arab world and speed the creation of a Palestinian state.

"A liberated Iraq can show the power of freedom to transform this vital region by bringing hope and progress into the lives of millions," Bush said in a speech to the conservative American Enterprise Institute think tank.
    The US leader drew his closest linkage yet between his accelerating campaign to disarm and topple Saddam, and languishing US efforts at breaking the deadly cycle of violence that has bloodied Israel and the Palestinians.

"Success in Iraq could also begin a new stage for Middle Eastern peace, and set in motion progress towards a truly democratic Palestinian state," by depriving anti-Israel extremists of a "wealthy patron", Bush said.

"Without this outside support for terrorism, Palestinians who are working for reform and long for democracy will be in a better position to choose new leaders. True leaders who strive for peace; true leaders who faithfully serve the people. A Palestinian state must be a reformed and peaceful state that abandons forever the use of terror," he said.

Bush also refreshed his commitment to a Middle East "roadmap" to peace based on two secure states living side by side, a blueprint he agreed at Israel's request to put on hold until after elections there.

And Bush worked to quiet some critics worried Washington will not do enough to get Iraq back on its feet after any military action, and others who fret a US "imperial" occupation would destabilise the volatile region.

"Rebuilding Iraq will require a sustained commitment from many nations, including our own: We will remain in Iraq as long as necessary, and not a day more," said Bush.

If it comes to war, he said, Washington and its allies will care for refugees expected to number in the millions; secure any weapons of mass destruction; and quell any sectarian violence or score-settling.

While the United States "has no intention of determining the precise form of Iraq's new government," he stressed, "we will ensure that one brutal dictator is not replaced by another."

Taking aim at critics in the Muslim world and elsewhere who have charged that a US thirst for oil drives Washington's Iraq policy, Bush said US forces would safeguard such resources from any attempt to make them unusable - as Iraq did to Kuwaiti wells during the 1991 Gulf War.

"We will seek to protect Iraq's natural resources from sabotage by a dying regime, and ensure those resources are used for the benefit of the owners - the Iraqi people," he said.

The speech came as Bush led an uphill diplomatic battle to get a new UN resolution paving the way for war against Iraq through a divided UN Security Council.

Veto-holders France, Russia and China are in rough agreement on extending UN inspections in Iraq as an alternative to war, though it was unclear whether they would kill the new measure. Germany and Syria, who do not have veto power, also oppose military action.

"If the council responds to Iraq's defiance with more excuses and delays, if all its authority proves to be empty, the United Nations will be severely weakened as a source of stability and order," Bush said.

"If the members rise to this moment, then the council will fulfill its founding purpose."

In a thinly veiled slap at France and Germany, Bush noted that World War II saw US forces defeat tyranny and help build democratic institutions that flourish today.

"Bringing stability and unity to a free Iraq will not be easy. Yet that is no excuse to leave the Iraqi regime's torture chambers and poison labs in operation. Any future the Iraqi people choose for themselves will be better than the nightmare world that Saddam Hussein has chosen for them," he said.

In a move that may worry some US allies in the Middle East, Bush said ousting Saddam would embolden fledgling pro-democracy reforms in the Arab world.

"From Morocco to Bahrain and beyond, nations are taking genuine steps toward political reform. A new regime in Iraq would serve as a dramatic and inspiring example of freedom for other nations in the region," he said.

This report appears on news.com.au.

You can fool some of the people some of the time, but but you cant fool them all the time.
    And hey, a lot of us will differ with our views, but calling people "TRAITOR" is getting serious and unfair.

And her-indoors has just arrived home with a leaking waterpump....................bye

Regards
    GZ

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.