"I seem to recall that at the time asio, admitted that they...

1. 29,310 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 80
    "I seem to recall that at the time asio, admitted that they didn't know anything about the plot. so id say it was a win win for Etihad, asio and the people on the plane. "

That the plot failed was certainly a win for all, but Israeli intelligence had stuff all to do with the failure.
    I clearly remember reading at the time that the plot failed because the idiotic terrorists placed the bomb in a very heavy meat grinder, of all things, that was disallowed to be carried on the plane due to its excess weight, simple as that. It was a stroke of luck, not Israeli Intelligence that saved the day.

Re "
    The Israeli Defence Force provided crucial intelligence that uncovered an alleged plot to bring down a passenger plane with a bomb hidden in a meat grinder, Home Affairs Minister Peter Dutton has confirmed.
    Overnight, Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu claimed intelligence gathered by his military's elite 8200 unit played a key role in preventing the attack on an Etihad flight from Sydney to Abu Dhabi on July 15, 2017.
    "We revealed today that Israel's intelligence services prevented the shooting down of an Australian airliner," Mr Netanyahu told a conference of American Jewish leaders."

Sorry, guys, that is bunkum.

"
    But Mr Netanyahu's statements were at odds with official statements from the Australian Federal Police, who stated they received the intelligence tip-off 11 days after the alleged terror cell attempted to smuggle the bomb onto the Etihad flight.
    In August 2017, then AFP deputy commissioner Michael Phelan confirmed the improvised bomb never made it past the airline's check-in because it exceeded the hand luggage weight limit."

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2018-02-...gave-information-on-meat-grinder-bomb/9474598

I'll give credit where credit is due, but none is due there, beyond to the airline employee who said "no, no, no, no, you cant take that on board".

I'm actually surprised others didnt remember what really happened....... maybe some did, but chose to remain silent for reasons best known to them

GZ
    Last edited by groundzero: 23/02/18

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.