Where does Assad stand on the issue of hosting Iranian troops a...

1. Osi
    15,953 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 201
    Where does Assad stand on the issue of hosting Iranian troops a few km from Israel's line of control?

If Assad were to ask his Iranian allies to move back from Israel's borders .... would they??

Does Iran see Assad as a vassal / toothless tiger?  Is Iran seeking and extracting payback from Assad and risking another Syrian war in the process?

Is Putin out of his depth on this ?? ........ because Iran (not Russia) is by far the most powerful force on the ground in Syria.

Turkey's crazy goals of annexing Northern Syria starting with Afrin & Idlib are the secondary elephant in the room.

Assad's supporters may not like it but as I see it, the only thing standing in the way of another Syrian Armageddon is the presence of both US and Russian forces  .......  but of course Trump is completely out of his depth on this and Putin would like to move on and out.  I don't like Putin but he is the only person who can prevent or stall a conflict between Iran and an alliance of Israel, the US and possibly Saudi Arabia, Jordan and the Gulf States.  In such a conflict Turkey would I believe do yet another backflip and take on Iran in the naïve and stupid view that such a contest may actually have a winner.

The Mad Mullah Khamenei has the ME on another precipice . ...... but this time the risk is of far greater global significance than the ISIS war.
    Last edited by Osi: 20/11/17

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.