spoken by someone who isn't an academic or hasn't participated...

1. 317 Posts.
    spoken by someone who isn't an academic or hasn't participated in anything related to constructive dialogue on the topic. people like you are the real reason I am glad I don't live in Australia any more: too full of opinions, too short on fact, research and knowledge to contribute much to the debate that isn't just heresay, conjecture.

when was the last time you were actually in the Middle east, performing research of participating in the process?

academics are by nature non political. We research according to a brief and give that research to political or executive groups for actioning.

and yes. If you use wikipedia for anything you deserve criticism. Do you think it's ok for governments to make policy or international bodies to take action based on wikipedia stats?

It is possible to be wrong in your opinions and unfortunately you are wrong, dismissing the ideas and work of people with a wave of your hand and the so incredibly tired "ivory tower" garbage.

I don't work for the UN and share your opinion of them, but of course you know that the UN doesn't make laws right - that no resolutions actually carry legal weight, except resolutions passed by the security council? and those are only enforceable if countries are willing to contribute to the enforcement. With the US and the NATO countries the major contributor to security council interventions through man power and funds, it becomes more of a matter of picking your battles than enforcing everything.

lesson: the security council won't ever take action in the Palestinian conflict and none of member states will ever intervene unilaterally, they just have too much invested in Israel.

Secondly, the ICJ won't hear Palestine's case as it is not a member state, having only observer status.

solution - well it has to be generated internally and until that happens any peace will just not happen.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.