John DayParticipant Dutch football player El Ghazi to donate...

1. 25,491 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 128
    John Day
    Participant

Dutch football player El Ghazi to donate $560,000 of his Mainz payout to Gaza children
    Anwar El Ghazi, a Dutch winger of Moroccan descent, will donate €500,000 ($560,000) of his Mainz payout to Gaza children…
    “I hope Mainz, despite their repeated failed attempts to avoid making the due payment, take solace from the knowledge that they have, through me, contributed financially in trying to make life a little more bearable for the children of Gaza,” he added.
    “Secondly, in attempting to silence me, making my voice even louder for the oppressed and voiceless in Gaza,” the 29-year-old said.
    The Mainz Labor Court ruled that the Dutch player’s statements fell within the scope of freedom of expression and his dismissal was “invalid.”
    The court ordered El Ghazi to continue to be paid his monthly salary of €150,000 ($163,500) and to be reinstated.
    Mainz first suspended and then warned El Ghazi in October about the “River to the sea” phrase he used on Instagram. https://www.middleeastmonitor.com/20240824-dutch-football-player-el-ghazi-to-donate-560000-of-his-mainz-payout-to-gaza-children/

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.