"This is exactly how the us has operated for the past 30 years....

1. 25,655 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 128

"This is exactly how the us has operated for the past 30 years. They say one thing publicly, to cover their ass, and privately and in action they do something else. The leadership in the WH are complete neocons and continue to believe they can reshape things in the ME.... Only one thing is holding this up and that is the US elections. Once the elections are done... things will escalate in the ME with the US's blessing."

Posted by: Joe | Oct 11 2024 1:44 utc | 392
    ---------------------------------------------------------------
    If anyone did not understand the meaning about the lies that got the US into war with Iraq, without support from the UN, is simply stupid. The US and the UK truly showed the world what they are back then: The world must stop them or die.

Posted by: Ed | Oct 11 2024 2:12 utc

Re soft power,
    Ambassador Chas Freeman:
    "With its ethnic cleansing of Gaza and the bombing of Beirut, Israel as strengthened itself tactically at the expense of a strategic defeat, because it no longer has the admiration of the world's people. The excuse from the Holocaust that we are the victims and should be immune from the consequences of our actions is gone. I don't think that Israel's support in the United States is sustainable. It is a generational thing now. . . ."

Ca. 24:00,
    https://arabcenterdc.org/event/one-year-after-october-7-how-have-us-and-eu-foreign-policies-evolved/

This webinar is well worth watching. Excellent participants, Palestinian and Lebanese.

Posted by: Jane | Oct 11 2024 2:13 utc

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.