Thanks for that reuters article, clacoste, first time i read an...

1. 29,310 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 80
    Thanks for that reuters article, clacoste, first time i read an explanation for the "wall of silence" that follows these things.
    Like your desciption of "preventative maintenance", lol, but still disagree in principle.
    So if Israel or the US disagreed with the intent of our Govt of the time, you reckon we should just accept "surgical strikes" within Australia to remove people unfavourable to their interests? Seriously? You reckon it couldnt happen?
    There IS a precedent where US involvement could have occurred....the removal of the Whitlam Govt.
    if you remember, the labor govt of the time wasnt exactly US friendly.....and they announced publicly in the press that they were going to remove the US from Pine Gap.....and give Pine Gap to the Russians for "peaceful weather research" purposes (actual words used). That didnt go down well. Then along came the Khemlani Loan Affair, and the associated scandal led to the dismissal of the Whitlam Govt. There are those who reckoned at the time that the Khemlani Affair was orchestrated by the CIA. I dont know, but in US eyes, Gough had to go. Pine Gap was, and still is, very important to the US, so that "Conspiracy Theory" makes sense. These days no doubt, if the same situation existed, there may well be a "surgical strike" to solve the problem. I dont agree with a foreign country carrying out assassinations in another foreign sovereign country for political, geo-strategic reasons, especially not Australia.
    If we approve and cheer at that happening overseas, we cant complain if it happens here at home. And thus ends my tirade, lol.

GZ

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.