It's clear to me from reading the responses to my original post...

1. 13,013 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 99
    It's clear to me from reading the responses to my original post that few have taken the time or have the wit to consider the genesis of the problem and are only concerned with the here and now of what is happening.

They see Hamas rockets falling on "Israeli" houses.

I use the quote because, of course, we are not talking about Israeli houses. Rather we are talking about houses that have been built upon land which has been stolen from it's owners either through the original UN arranged formation of Israel or by the illegal occupation of Palestinian lands subsequently by settlers from the US and elsewhere.

If you are displaced from your lands you will fight to get them back. This is what the Palestinians have been doing for the past 50 years or more. Sure, it's an unequal fight. They fight with whatever they can lay their hands on including their own bodies against the far more powerful arrayed might of an Israel supplied with the latest weapons from its own arsenals and from those with political capital to be gained such as the US.

No matter how you slice and dice it, there will be conflict until the Israelis STOP building those settlements and until there is some justice given to a people who have had everything taken from them.

As Loewenstein put it:

"The West Bank settlements, the separation wall, house demolitions and brutal collective punishment of Palestinians in Gaza are crimes violating the Fourth Geneva Convention. Above all, the very possibility of a two-state solution that the Jewish community professes to support is completely undermined by the illegal settlements that it refuses to condemn."

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.