re: miles i liked your post That's right B&B, Yids posted his...

1. 18,601 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 4
    re: miles i liked your post That's right B&B, Yids posted his expose about the "faked" death earlier this week. His source: World Net Daily, bastion of (mis)Truth, (In)Justice and the Far Right American way.

WND is pure redneck gold. It helps explain your simplistic views of the world. Eye for an eye, tooth for a tooth. Maybe if we keep indiscriminately dropping bombs on them we'll root out terrorism. Flawed logic. Don't let them go unpunished. If you are going to bomb them back to the Stone Age at least have a bigger plan in mind that will provide a lasting solution.

Here's another sample of WND, as one of your friends might say, "Enjoy!"

-----------------------------------------------------
    Wake up, Christians!

Posted: March 6, 2003
    1:00 a.m. Eastern

Editor's note: Are you ready for the Second American Revolution? Joseph Farah's new book, "Taking America Back" exposes the weaknesses in America's current system and offers practical solutions – solutions that are real and doable, solutions that can revive freedom, morality and justice in our nation. Order your copy now in WorldNetDaily's online store, ShopNetDaily!
    © 2003 WorldNetDaily.com

Some timid Christians out there are telling me my plan for "Taking America Back" is just too radical.

They cite Romans 13 and the Gospel's teaching about "rendering unto Caesar" as scriptural injunctions against rebellion and tyranny.

Some go so far as to suggest that since government is of God, then all government decrees are to be obeyed as proceeding from God.

The logic of some arguments would lead inexorably to two conclusions:

America's founders were wrong to reject British rule and to take up arms for independence.

Kings and rulers in this world have divine rights and citizen-subjects should simply obey them all the time in every circumstance.

In other words, these Christians have been hoodwinked. They've been sold a bill of goods. They are operating under a misguided and simplistic interpretation of scripture.

America's founders were scholars when it came to the scriptures. John Adams read the Bible daily in both Hebrew and Greek. Even Jefferson, the skeptic, quoted scripture and would be, by today's standards, a radical, right-wing Christian.

Nearly 200 years before America's War of Independence, a Frenchman by the name of Philippe du Plessis Mornay explained that while government as an institution was ordained by God, specific governments may not be.

In fact, the Bible, in Hebrews 11, for instance, celebrates men and women of faith such as Daniel, Moses, Shadrach, Meshach, Abednego and others, who all committed civil disobedience – rebellion against unjust rule. Some of the Apostles themselves refused to submit to Caesar and paid with their lives.

America's founders understood that biblically it is wrong to resist the institution of government in general, but it is equally wrong not to resist bad government. The age of the divine right of kings had come to an end. Today, it seems, many Christians are trying to bring it back.

Here's how James Otis, one of the Sons of Liberty, explained it: "The power of God Almighty is the only power that can properly and strictly be called supreme and absolute. In the order of nature immediately under Him comes the power of a simple democracy, or the power of the whole over the whole. ... [God is] the only monarch in the universe who has a clear and indisputable right to absolute power because He is the only one who is omniscient as well as omnipotent. ... The sum of my argument is that civil government is of God, that the administrators of it were originally the whole people."

Here's how John Dickinson, a signer of the Constitution, explained it: "Kings or parliaments could not give the rights essential to happiness. ... We claim them from a higher source — from the King of kings, and Lord of all the earth. They are not annexed to us by parchments and seals. They are created in us by the decrees of Providence, which establish the laws of our nature. They are born with us; exist with us; and cannot be taken from us by any human power without taking our lives. In short, they are founded on the immutable maxims of reason and justice. It would be an insult on the Divine Majesty to say that he has given or allowed any man or body of men a right to make me miserable."

Clearly, the founders saw their revolution not as an act of anarchy or misplaced rebellion, but rather as an act of resistance against a government violating biblical principles.

In that same spirit, I wrote "Taking America Back" and have called, in effect, for a second American revolution – a renewal of the founders' vision of expanding freedom. Not surprisingly, it has scared some people. It has scared some Christians. It has scared some of the very people who should be leading such a movement.

But we Americans are a self-governing people – or we're supposed to be. Thus, we are not subject to the whims of rulers. Instead, like all individuals, we are accountable directly to God. As Christians, we serve no king but the King of Kings.

And that's a lesson I'd advise the church to learn – quickly.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Joseph Farah's nationally syndicated column originates at WorldNetDaily, where he serves as editor and chief executive officer. If you would like to see the column in your local newspaper, contact your local editor. Tell your paper the column is available through Creators Syndicate

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.