SHJ 1.43% 71.0¢ shine justice ltd

My friend, you can see it from a few different perspectives....

1. 160 Posts.
    My friend, you can see it from a few different perspectives.

Have you asked yourself what if you picked say Shine to go in at $2.00 instead of Slater at $1.16. Loss could be far more.

Also, you went into Slater with the expectation that they will release something good by Jan and lift the stock price to maybe $2, but instead they didn't release anything and also many other morbid news came out about their debt problems. It wasn't a lack of stop loss that made you lose here, it was rather you wanted to bet on a good news, and the good news just simply didn't turn out the way you thought it would be, even though before the announcement it looked very likely that some good news will come due to the fact that Mr. Grech affirmed that they have 100mil headroom and increasing. You played the probability bet, but you got unlucky and lost.

You should never judge your actions by the short term once off result in the share market or any game of chance that have skill elements such as poker. It should be judged by your reasoning and odds of success. Sometimes your reasoning is correct and you still lose money. While other times your reasoning is wrong and you still make money. But the long run, if you always reason correctly and play with odds rather than against odds, then your long term aggregate result will reflect that, since luck generally cancel each other out in the long run.

Only thing, perhaps you can learn from this is in the future don't make bets on companies that have substantial debts if you can't stomach the risk or have hedges in place with options or CFDs. Because even if you are right about the favourable odds, announcement can still can go against you, and if they do, it's pretty much a big drop in stock price since the market is reflecting the bankruptcy risk.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add SHJ (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
71.0¢
Change
0.010(1.43%)
Mkt cap ! $123.0M
Open High Low Value Volume
70.5¢ 71.0¢ 70.5¢ $1.773K 2.506K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
1 35154 70.0¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
75.0¢ 33433 4
View Market Depth
Last trade - 15.33pm 24/07/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
SHJ (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.