ANZ 1.21% $29.34 anz group holdings limited

mmmk :).Yea, ANZ CAN issue more hybrids, I just don't think that...

1. 434 Posts.
    mmmk :).

Yea, ANZ CAN issue more hybrids, I just don't think that they will in the near/medium term (due to not needing to).

OBVIOUSLY it's all just estimates and conjecture, and, I'm not saying you are wrong...(in fact, I think you are approximately accurate)... Just I think 7.5% would be acceptable by the markets and APRA (ANZ were 7.7 just one year ago).... 7% should be well acceptable for APRA... the markets may (or mat not)like it, but, an informed reaction would depend on other factors, such as the level of T2U and T2L capital. Also on how much Expected profit had been increased due to acquisitions... which would obviously grow T1 ratio as profit is earned.

Like I said, 6% would probably end in an ASX SP slaughter (even if POSSIBLY acceptable to APRA (50% higher than the apparent requirement...))... But, I don't think the market would care too much at 7.5% (I wouldn't, for example). I wouldn't like it going "downwards" and being at 7%.... but, if it was very likely to hold steady or rise from 7%, I wouldn't mind.

Am I a typical investor? Who knows.

What would you be comfortable with, as an ANZ holder?

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add ANZ (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$29.34
Change
-0.360(1.21%)
Mkt cap ! $88.28B
Open High Low Value Volume
$29.90 $29.93 $29.27 $173.2M 5.867M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
1 9808 $29.33

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$29.35 8667 2
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 11/07/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
ANZ (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.