TV2 0.00% 0.8¢ tv2u international limited

Thank you @Parcels and @fatusmaximus for your kind words. Agreed...

1. 255 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 339
    Thank you @Parcels and @fatusmaximus for your kind words.

Agreed @Parcels, Indosat needs an OTT platform if it is to compete effectively with Telekomsel and XL in the future. I don't doubt that iStream will be deployed eventually. My comments were specific to the World Cup. I noticed the iStream logo in the Indosat web banners, that tends to indicate that they are committed to it. However there is still no link to the app download on their site, a few hours before kick-off. Either they are still negotiating with Klix (personally I doubt it) or they reconciled themselves with streaming Klix as currently advertised on their site, then moving on with the next phase. I saw many comments in this forum that stated that we should move past the WC, and I agree with them completely.

I believe you are spot on @fatusmaximus. If iStream is not deployed for the WC there will be no revenue. Even if it was deployed I don't think it will represent much considering the late launch, the minimal share they will get, if any, and the availability of other, including free, streams. I say minimal share because this revenue is critical for Klix, they would want a big chunk to cover their investment and make some profit. Indosat may (or may not) expect some revenue as well. That brings the issue of a stable revenue stream and the effect of that perception on a now certain CR or some other form of raising working capital. I would have expected Indosat to pay TV2U a decent sum for all the effort invested in that project so far. No one works for six straight months for free, especially when they are strapped for cash. If Indosat did, that will give TV2U a bit more room to breathe.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add TV2 (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.