SP1 0.00% $1.07 southern cross payments ltd

The results show that I was wrong to want to stay local? How?...

1. 1,180 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 1066
    The results show that I was wrong to want to stay local? How? And show that demerging out of Australia to Cyprus has helped us how? The best that can be said is that once SP1 goes bust, the courts won't likely be able to touch a Cyprus company. But that only matters if JK is guilty... And you assure us he did nothing wrong, so why would he have planned against a guilty finding?

I'm assuming that you're going to say that the customer base is over there. Because Australian companies really struggle to deal with other countries. And because being in Cyprus has really helped so much. Cyprus having such a wonderful reputation in financial markets. Like with relisting, how NASDAQ Nordics won't trade Cyprus securities, and how Frankfurt won't either. Norway will, so we all might be able to trade in Krone! I'm not certain, but I believe that NASDAQ won't trade Cyprus securities either. Or if they will, there are substantial restrictions. It's almost like we should be listed in a well regulated and trusted financial market. Like the US, or the UK, France, Germany, Australia. Nope, instead we're in Cyprus. That sounds ideal.

Nevertheless, it looks like JK has a clear preference at this stage anyway.
    - He's suggested LSE is "too expensive", and he's left it as a lingering option (just to keep some hope), but he's clearly signalled away from it. He hasn't mentioned that as a director who has had charges proven against him by the regulator in Australia, London probably won't touch him. Then investors might realise that JK is actually a liability.
    - He's said "outside a North American listing", but as I stated, it's my understanding (not an expert on this) that Cypriot companies can't trade on NASDAQ, and I don't like his chances of getting on the NYSE.
    - He's noted difficulties in NASDAQ Nordics, Euronext Amersterdam, Euronext Oslo, and Frankfurt.

But he's suggested that "the Cyprus Stock Exchange links via Clearstream to FWB for Clearing and Settlement, and this approach is being explored". The only approach he hasn't posted a negative for. I mean, everyone can see the clear and obvious negative. He promised us a premium exchange, and you can't get much further from a premium exchange than that. Still, it's now public record that JK doesn't mind lying to investors, so... y'know. He'll tell us that we're listing in Cyprus, but the Top Hat will follow, and then we'll be able to dual list quite soon in a premium market. Maybe in another 5 years!

And what do you know... Interactive Brokers are one of the few who have access to the Cyprus Stock Exchange. You know, that Broker that JK has suggested in consecutive emails that we all join?

So, how do we all feel about a listing on the Cyprus stock exchange? So happy that we left Australia?

How did I go Joe? Did I recalibrate enough for you?

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add SP1 (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.