SP1 0.00% $1.07 southern cross payments ltd

ISX off-topic thread, page-2719

1. 545 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 562

Yeah, that's really something, dude...

What is really something is that you discard so lightly the role that the media played (after the issue of the shorter's report).

Fact is that the ASX did not have any problem at the time of the OTIS takeover that the performance shares were based on revenue (i.e. any type thereof).

Fact is that the ASX had no problem with the shares being issued (or how the revenue was derived) at the time they were issued.

Fact is that the ASX suddenly had a problem with the shares having been issued (and how the revenue was achieved) a year and a half or so earlier, after a shorter's report was produced 'for a single person' (as it says in the footnote/disclaimer) and distributed to the 9EC media, among others.

Fact is that the reporting by the media (and the shorter's report itself) induced volatility. This volatility was then stated as a reason for suspension. 9EC then produced a number of articles slandering JK (subsequently settled favourably to JK and apologised for), which were reflecting negatively on ISX.

The media played a major role, like it or not. Why else do you think they settled the libel suit?

In my opinion, we would not be in the current situation had it not been for the OM report and the barrage of negative articles in the 9EC media.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add SP1 (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.