SP1 0.00% $1.07 southern cross payments ltd

ISX off-topic thread, page-3324

1. 1,173 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 1054
    Because, by and large, that's what happens. You don't find 5 things wrong and just say "I'm only going to get the interesting ones"... Particularly if you're the regulator - people don't get a free pass from some things just because you did something more serious as well... they put in there the things you found.

Australia is an interesting legal system as well. I'm sure ChillingOut could provide more insight (I'm not a lawyer), but I've been interested to see some past cases non-professionally. I saw a quite serious assault charge where rather than just the most serious charge, the person was charged with about 4 different charges of varying seriousness in relation to that. I asked a mate about it, and he informed me that it's standard - that even though the guy was found guilty, and got multiple jail sentences out of them, they ran concurrently so that effectively he only served the max (for that crime). I think he got 5, 3, and 2 years on charges related to the same event, but effectively would only serve 5.

I heard an interesting one anecdotally, where if you are found guilty in court, and you testified on that, you'll often have charges added for perjury, because your testimony is judged to be a lie under oath. Don't know how true that is though.

Anyway, that's just things I've seen. Found it interesting. I think it's just the legal system - it runs differently than a lot of things just as a matter of course.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add SP1 (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.