SP1 0.00% $1.07 southern cross payments ltd

ISX vs ASX, page-1307

1. 619 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 618
    "so keen to destroy it"

Here's a modern fable...

Once, on a long, flat beach, where the beach is flat, and the tide goes out a long way, a charismatic leader brings his band of clever sand castle architects and starts building the most amazing castle by the water one morning.

A few of the locals say "the tide is out, I wouldn't build there, it will get washed away" but the charismatic leader ignores them, and builds away.

A few hours later he raises capital from some tourists, and employs a few hundred helpers to build a new KYC (Know Your Castle) platform. The same old locals keep on saying "there's something fishy going on here, this will all end badly when the tide comes in" but the tourists say "but look at what he's built so quickly, and how many people he's employing building his KYC platform - it's the best we've ever seen - he's patented it, don't you know?".

Later that day, around noon, the local parking inspector comes up and fines the charismatic leader for leaving his Lambo in a 15 minute spot but the charismatic leader said "I'm allow to leave it there - I'm a local resident, don't you know - your by-laws don't apply to me". The parking officer wheel-clamped the Lambo which was a bummer.

A little later - early afternoon, the local planning officer comes up and notices that they've been building the sandcastles using a sand-bags, and say to them "that's a big no-no - under continuous erosion rules, you need to ensure that your sandcastle can be eroded at all times by all conditions, I'm suspending your construction until you remove the sand-bags".

There's a rumour going around that the parking officer mentioned the Lambo incident to the planning officer over lunch. Who knows?

The charismatic leader gets angry and says No Way, I'm taking you to court, and meanwhile the locals say "by the way, the tide is still coming in".

Later that afternoon the tide comes in and washes away most of the sand castle, and the tourists who bought in are devastated.

The charismatic leader announces a plan to build a new castle out of new sand on a new beach where the planning officers are happier to be taken to long lunches. The tourists very much like this plan, but are unsure how they get to look at this castle or enjoy the benefit of being part owners.

Most of all, the tourists blame the parking officer, and the planning officer, and in particular, they blame the locals. They say "Look - you locals, you must be employed by the parking officer and the planning officer, you must want to destroy that wonderful KYC platform". The locals just say "all we said was the tide was going to come in".
    Last edited by BJReplay: 16/12/21

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add SP1 (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.