SP1 0.00% $1.07 southern cross payments ltd

ISX vs ASX, page-319

1. 29 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 61
    James - without being overly familiar with pensions I assume there are income and asset tests to determine eligibility. From an income perspective the shares can go to $100 each but there's no capital gain until you sell, trigger a capital gains tax event and actually realise a profit. I assume you hold them in your personal names (ie as opposed to a trust etc). If this is the case I your best bet may be be to sell a portion of your holdings each financial year to realise your funds and also remain under applicable thresholds.

Don't forget there's a 50% discount on investments held > 12 months too.

From an asset test perspective you may need to monitor and sell off accordingly also to remain within asset test thresholds. Like you say you can get around this at the time being as the assigned value can be considered arbitrary, but once trading again you may not have this luxury. So if it were me I'd be monitoring both and managing whichever trigger point or tests you look like hitting first - income or asset.

Hope that helps somewhat. Might be worth an hour with your accountant or a financial planner to confirm any assumptions and sell-off strategy.

Cheers

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add SP1 (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.