WKT 4.76% 10.0¢ walkabout resources ltd

Is this because you read a comment by Croc? I am sure if you...

1. 251 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 168
    Is this because you read a comment by Croc? I am sure if you bothered to work through their BFS you will see their revenues will be higher today than they would be a few years ago due to the higher graphite prices. - in a post talking about risk, you use revenue as a criteria. How much did it cost to produce that BFS that's now worthless? Was it 4 mil? If you know of a bank that would use 5 year old BFS to assess a loan, enlighten us. Who would fork out the money for an updated BFS today? What dilution do you think such a raise will be bring? Back to the point, debt funding is out of the question for that resource. Until you fork out another couple mil for an updated piece of paper, everything else are just hypothetical.

This is very different to WKT who's main products are still around US$300-400 less per tonne. - Various other poster's been asking you for backing up that claim, so far nothing. The figures are also for life of mine, I hope it's also what your company uses.

Niche target market with no competition. Nearly all companies can produce expandable graphite and the Molo graphite project is soon to be commissioned who are also looking at producing large flake graphite suitable for the expandable graphite market. BTW, you are not wrong about being a niche market. the current demand is small and the future growth is single digit. - nearly all companies can produce stuff, very few ones currently turns a profit. To pretend a mine can be simultaneously produce fine and large flake is also assuming the significant capex and opex that will incur to do so. The reason WKT didn't even bother with fines is same as you do not understand the difference between revenue and profit. It is not worth the capex and opex to deal with fines.

Positive return project even if graphite price drops. This is pure speculation, WKT hasn't produced on kg of graphite, many graphite projects have gone broke because they cannot produce the TGC required, the recovery is lower or the flake size is too small to make a profit. Just look at SYR as an example of the risk. - is 119 bigger than 51? But forget about 51, updated BFS first.

Simple 4 stage grinding, high grade resource, - Yes High grade by using a selective mining method. What happens if WKT is unable to maintain its grade being feed to the production facility, did you know the JORC provided a 10% average TGC before they came up with the selective mining of the same host material. Have you ever seen any graphite company achieve a selective mining when they will be mining over 1 million tonnes of ore per year. - do you know the projected mining cost as a portion of overall cost of WKT operation? Do you think mobile mining machines would help? When EGR gets a subsequent announcement about that 'partnership' maybe we will take a look. Lolz.

Just out of interest, do you know why the Chinese use HF acid to purify its graphite? - You mean, they can (regulations) and it's cheap? And that's how they dominate the market and control prices? Like OPEC and US fracking industry? So what prices would Chinese need to push toward in order to force new entrants to fold in the short term or is it not a risk worth assessing but look at that revenue! But too much hypothetical, the Chinese didn't have to change their ways because there's been no competition. There's no real 100 dollar bills on the middle of a busy intersection for EGR to stroll in and pick up.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add WKT (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
10.0¢
Change
-0.005(4.76%)
Mkt cap ! $67.12M
Open High Low Value Volume
11.0¢ 11.0¢ 10.0¢ $101.2K 932.1K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
11 727851 10.0¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
11.0¢ 104865 2
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 30/07/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
WKT (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.