SDL 0.00% 0.6¢ sundance resources limited

it aint over yet

1. 1,107 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 1
    Have you ever watched a game of tennis or football, and written off the player or team who is getting beaten, only to watch them claw themselves back from a seemingly impossible position?

Well there is a reason why you are the one watching from the sidelines and they are the ones playing at the elite level. You give up too early, while those playing never give up and fight all the way to the end.

I think it is the same here with SDL, a lot of you guys have given up too early and have already started to write George Jones and SDL off. Well it isn't over yet, George knows this, and this is one of the reasons why GJ is at the helm and you are just a shareholder participating on an internet forum.

If you look all the way back to last year when Hanlong bought Ken Talbot's stake. It caught GJ completely by suprise, and while a lot of shareholders where thinking that Hanlong was the white knight SDL had been waiting for (similar to the other day when you were all yahooing about the halt), you could tell that GJ wasn't as excited and he was mulling over it as he could see the potential implications that the situation presented for SDL.

Now I concede that on face value, GJ appears to have been a bit disappointing since Hanlongs arrival. He "supported" Hanlong's low ball offer of 57c, he allowed for unfavorable conditions to be set in the SIA, he rolled over when conditions weren't met by Hanlong and apart from releasing an upgrade of resource which everyone already knew was there, and performing a recent capital raising, he doesn't seem to have mounted much of a fight.

Now looking at George's performance over the last 12 months, there can only be 3 scenarios.

1. Hanlong are students of the ancient Chinese warrior "Sun Tzu" and launched a completely flawless and water-tight strategy, winning the battle before it had even commenced, leaving GJ absolutely no options and powerless to do anything.

2. Hanlong haven't mounted a completely flawless strategy, but GJ has been doing absolutely nothing for the last 12 months, apart from believing that Hanlong / China were genuine and were just going to hand over the 57c.

3. Hanlong haven't mounted a completely flawless strategy, and GJ has just been sitting back, biding his time, plotting a strategy, giving Hanlong/China a false sense of confidence, before he shows his hand and makes a move.

I honestly believe that the answer is option 3, and below are my reasons why:

- GJ saw this coming earlier than anyone else, so his mind would have been ticking over, going through all the different options and scenarios.
    - At the time the resource upgrade seemed pointless, however it formed part of his strategy.
    - He organised the recent capital raising as part of his strategy as he could see what lied ahead.
    - He has had Giulio working tirelessly behind the scenes on his strategy. Either that, or Giulio has been on a 12 month long siesta.
    - GJ knows that SDL's biggest asset is their IP, so he is working on a strategy that revolves around holding China / Cameroon to ransom with this.
    - GJ has to know whether or not their is another interested buyer, and if so, he would be incorporating this into his strategy.
    - GJ knows that there is no point showing your hand too early and that it is advantageous to give China a false sense of confidence before making a move.

I could be completely wrong, but this is just how I am reading things and I think a lot of shareholders on this forum have given up too early and should be showing a bit more faith in GJ rather than writing him off just yet.

It aint over yet.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add SDL (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.