CVI 0.00% 0.3¢ cvi energy corporation limited

it all comes down to your point of view, page-6

1. 1,653 Posts.
    a conspiracy theory:

given that there are no previous polls to compare with and the widespread opinion that MPLA will walk away with this election what has the MPLA got to fear about this election?

That the voting so sure of an MPLA victory may decide to cast a protest vote against poverty in the mistaken belief that it will not matter, that MPLA will win anyway, perhaps with the hope of a reduced majority to kick them in the pants... I suspect a majority of angolans realise that UNITA could not form an effective gov't and don't really want them to win.

Perhaps this electoral irregularity was by design... to create a period of ambiguity... MPLA is not rushing to issue any firm statement on the problems... But behind the scenes I bet they are frantically counting votes to get an insider view of the possible outcome...

If the outcome favours MPLA they declare that they've done everything in their power to ensure the Angolan got their vote in the face of procedural 'teething problems'. If the outcome looks precarious they bow to the demands on UNITA and repeat the election in the disputed Luanda region no doubt with a leak that it's close race so far... Those protest voters who thought their vote wouldn't turn the tide suddenly realise they could tip the balance so they think about their vote more seriously and cast their ballot for the only party that can deliver them effective goverment...

I love a good conspiracy... especially when noone can prove me wrong...

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add CVI (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.