It had to come to this; how sad!, page-34

1. 18,388 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 179
    Simgrund - I was slightly amused when he asserted that and haven't read up on it - I am perfectly happy as a female as I feel we are privileged and my darling was a real man, great capabilities, intellect, stamina but also thoughtfulness.

Females don't have to go to war (except the crazy ones who volunteer) and do not have to be so up-front aggressive in the jobs battle, although they have their own version, of course. We don't have to do the physical hard yakka - I guess guys don't anymore either. The huge achievements of mankind, building amazing buildings, bridges, ocean liners, space rockets are mostly male achievements.

Possibly in pre-history females had important language and civilizatory roles - god then was often a goddess - there are still hangovers of that in the cult of 'Mary'. I don't go much for the matriarchal/patriarchal thing, as I have seen too many strong females and weak males at times and males also suffer from the hierarchical set-up by which they are forced to be competitive and many do not come out on top - so what then? War? to get rid of the excess? again it is the males who suffer most under this stringent 'law of nature'. Just go to 'Verdun' and read up on the people killed, all young males from age 15 upwards - it's heart- braking. No, thankyou!

But we have no choice and this child didn't have a choice as far as its parents are concerned - the best we can do, is be kind, because difficulties will come, whether caused by parents, society or the nature of the child and as somebody pointed out gleefully on this thread natural selection will play its part.

But this thread, for example proves yet again that some males seem to delight in controversy and aggression no matter what the subject and what the cost, a mindset which is dangerous and which could affect us all in the long run.

I have lived a long life and have had to overcome my own prejudice - more often astonishment, I guess: for example

I had/have a distant relative - whose existence was the result of rape by a Russian soldier - change sex - never met him before, but she requested to meet me a number of years ago and that experience changed my life - all these newly 'minted' female wanted is to dress in dresses (normal dresses) be kind and friendly to old ladies (we were both young at that time) and work in an office with other 'girls' - a very humble list for the good fairy - having a boyfriend wasn't even on the list.

I have a nephew who was most likely abused by his father - but no proof - turned into a homosexual - his mother is still in denial - they're overseas, otherwise I/we would have had more interaction, maybe positive interaction. I have aquaintances from the rainbow spectrum who are desperate to be accepted and treated as 'normal'.
    I am not super-keen to be friends, but I am 'friendly' - some of them volunteer for various charities.

As far as I know all of the above people subscribe to a conservative view of life and vote conservative.

So? I simply feel for this poor child who is already infamous before it even possesses something resembling an ego.
    (I will read up on the determinacy of sex in the embryo.)

re digital environment: luckily our press (and public) seem to have a short-term memory only - so there is hope that by the time this baby becomes more aware, other, more interesting subjects will be peddled by the press.
    Taurisk

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.