BTI 1.45% $1.23 bailador technology investments limited

IT investment vehicle...

1. 16,402 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 7961
    ... for either those who are too lazy, or who lack the confidence, to invest in early stage companies.

@Dejavoo, @Warrigals, @fatborgslim, @michelle0508, @astrogirl10, @Kevc0322,

Pursuant to the discussion that kicked off on the BMT thread, specifically around the merits (or not) of investing in venture capital/early start-up businesses, I thought I'd draw your attention to BTI, which is basically a listed investment company that takes public capital to invest in private companies.

Specifically in the IT/SaaS space, with a limited number of high conviction positions (just 8, currently).

The manager of BTI's investments has established a track record of creating value from the investments made and, importantly, the carrying values of the investments have been proven to be conservatively struck.

Sure, the management company charges like a wounded bull, but if you are of the view that IT/technology is an attractive investment space, especially at the early evolutionary stage before SaaS companies become well-known and therefore effectively (or, indeed over-valued!), the you would do well to consider BTI as an investment vehicle.

Not investment advice, mind, merely suggesting a work-around in the event that you don't have time, or don't feel sufficiently experienced or competent (as is often my position) to be able to invest successfully in the IT microcap space.

PS.  I believe they presented at small cap investment conference hosted by the ASX today, if you want to hear the story straight from the horse's mouth.

Last edited by madamswer: 15/09/21

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add BTI (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$1.23
Change
0.018(1.45%)
Mkt cap ! $179.5M
Open High Low Value Volume
$1.22 $1.23 $1.21 $439.4K 362.0K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
2 31311 $1.21

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$1.23 20157 1
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 03/05/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
Last
$1.23
  Change
0.018 ( 1.24 %)
Open High Low Volume
$1.22 $1.24 $1.21 6019
Last updated 15.58pm 03/05/2024 ?
BTI (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.