TGR 0.00% $5.22 tassal group limited

I suspect that the selling into the close was partly because...

1. 11,161 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 685
    I suspect that the selling into the close was partly because there is a bit of a tug of war with this stock.

There are those who are concerned about oversupply and some sort of possible price war erupting, and are happy to reduce their holdings on spikes.

Then there are those who like the current numbers, and who possibly think that a lower AUD will take care of any potential problem.

I'm in the second camp. I suspect Salmon is perceived a bit as a luxury item, and that demand will be very responsive if there is any price fall. Rightly or wrongly - salmon is perceived as health food - even the packaged smoked salty junk food is - which is hilarious really. I like it, but don't deceive myself - lol. Kids love it and parents rightly see that fish improves the balance of their diet. Restaurants love serving fresh fish when they are busy, as it takes little kitchen time, and a lower price point will help them manage serving wait times, by having it on special, and offers a more health conscious meal as well. We really eat little fish as a nation - but we are aging and becoming more heart smart.

So I suspect that fearing a potential price war might a bit overblown - it is quite different to QAN v Virgin IMO, as they were relying on holiday v no holiday and business trips that were a bit optional to create extra demand (as compared to bus trips or driving - lol). Here it is fish versus other meats,and versus other less healthy junk food too, and it does have advantages over the competition in a few ways. It is certainly not relying on second order decisions like air travel for generating extra demand.

Lets see what happens anyway
    Last edited by CaptainBarnacles: 13/02/15

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add TGR (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.