TGR 0.00% $5.22 tassal group limited

it is interesting., page-4

1. 2,813 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 620
    TGR has endured a shorting attack that increased significantly from 12/1/15. It eased off on 19/1/15, although the number of new shorts opened daily is still increasing.

Back around the 6/1/15 TGR only had 50k + shorts open and that figure was consistently around that level for some past time. New shorts opened daily starting increasing from 6/1/15 and took off from the 12/1/15 to be presently near the 500k mark for open shorts.

What does this mean? The possibilities are:

1. Somebody thinks TGR is overpriced, or
    2. Somebody thinks the market is going to downturn, or
    3. Somebody is taking shorts as a hedge because they are playing the derivatives market betting on the TGR sp increasing in the future.

I doubt it is option 2 because there are many more ASX listed companies that will suffer a much bigger drop than TGR if the market suffers a significant downturn. So, IMHO it is either option 1 or 3.

Time will tell. The half yearly report and interim div announcement will likely tell us whether the shorter/s are playing option 1 or 3.

This opinion of mine discounts the possibility that insider trading is going on. One never knows about that until too late, if ever.

Cheers

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add TGR (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.