It just gets worse

1. 86,953 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 75
    ''Data released in November, for last year's June to September quarter, revealed 43,074 Queenslanders were on the waitlist for social housing – a rise of 1,600 since the quarter prior.
    Queensland Council of Social Services (QCOSS) chief executive Aimee McVeigh claimed there were many more Queenslanders in need who were not reflected in those numbers.''

and they haven't even got to count the numbers homeless from extreme weather yet ---------- AND the extreme weather might just be getting started

so, we've gone from crisis to diabolical --------------- what's the next word up the list?

yesterday there was a picture of older women near Cairns - homeless since the rain with Jasper --------- the house will not get repaired for years - the woman in question looked to be about 80 - and there's more coming

now - I ask myself -------------- the Qld government is trying to entice tourist visitors -------- which means - they have accommodation for tourists

but, 80 year old ladies are homeless ----------------??????????????? am I missing something - or should the tourists get second dip here?

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2024-01...st-of-living-qcoss-families-waiting/103316838

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.