KEY 0.00% 0.1¢ key petroleum limited

Good points guys.Kalmsg, I do not doubt your story that your...

1. 259 Posts.

Good points guys.

Kalmsg, I do not doubt your story that your friend in Nairobi told you oil has been discovered on the East Coast of Africa, however I fear your friend may have had one to many frothies. My research indicates that there has been no commerical discovery of oil offshore East Africa. If you could provide a link or some information confirming your friend's statement then that would be very helpful. One again, I think it is a matter of 'when' not 'if' an oil discovery is made offshore Africa - live crude oil shows and surface seeps fully support this hypothesis. I just hope the elephants are not in the permits adjacent to Nyuni owned by Petrobas and Shell.

Surany, I think that Cairn Energy will farm into Lampedusa - IMO, stress, IMO. They have the directly adjacent permit and state on their website they plan wells in their permit in 2008 and 2009.

Yeah he also informed me that they were afforded seismic lines from ENI for Borsano. Yessssss.

I wish they move on from Tanzania after KN due to the immense stuff up that was the Nyuni 1/1A well. I think they may be finished with the north-eastern portion of the permit due to the trouble Aminex had drilling there, and also the fact that sandstone porosities appear very low. In addition, they would require a drill-ship or jack up rig. These are seriously, seriously expensive.

Buy yes I fully support appraisal of KN, but then advocate a move to Italy afterwards.

Happy Easter.

SS.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add KEY (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.