ITM 1.37% 7.4¢ itech minerals ltd

ITM Megathread, page-1026

1. 1,014 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 171
    quiet here...
    hmmm...
    UNI FUNDS FOR GRAPHITE PLAY
    A method of creating synthetic graphite is one of four new protoventures set to benefit from a new $18.6m venture studio.West Australian researcher and academic Jason Fogg from Curtin University has discovered a way of turning waste into the critical mineral while completing a PhD in carbon materials.Now he is attempting to turn his discovery into a start-up, looking to scale it out of the university after receiving a share of $3m from the new Curtin Venture Studio launched at the Resources Technology and Critical Minerals Trailblazer showcase on Tuesday.The idea is to produce synthetic graphite at scale to meet global demand.“As a part of my PhD, we developed catalytic methods for manufacturing synthetic graphite from waste sources or burst materials that are often overlooked as quickly as graphite itself,” Dr Fogg said.“In the last couple of years, we’ve really seen the commercial application of my work, where we’ve established that graphite can be manufactured faster and cheaper than traditional mining from the use of low-cost materials like wood or plastics.”Graphite makes up about a quarter of the weight of any lithium-ion battery.Dr Fogg’s RapidGraphite is one of four protoventures that have won a spot in the new venture studio. The others are: SpiroPak, which has developed a way of reducing the amount of gas that leaks during chemical processes; Semi Vapor Electrolysis, which produces green hydrogen directly from untreated sources of water; and Hobby, which has made a semi and fully automated drill control and drilling fluid management system.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add ITM (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.