ITM 0.00% 6.7¢ itech minerals ltd

yes that was for @setfire2thehive however I do appreciate your...

1. 482 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 135
    yes that was for @setfire2thehive however I do appreciate your posts too, even if they run to random tangents occasionally!

you raise some good points, this is obviously speculative, even if they have made some positive initial steps. Personally I think the energy transition space will be the best investment theme for at least the next decade (DYOR) the growth profile is just huge, even the developments in the last few months are just massive. My approach is to have a basket of stocks with interesting projects in growth commodities with cash to advance them and credible management. Focus on Australian projects for stability and ability to deliver sustainably.

with respect to ITM and your comments on REE’s is that yes others may and have found REE’s on the eyre peninsula, which I don’t see as a problem, but we have a big land holding in the best position from an infrastructure perspective and we are the only ones to date where REE’s are at or near the surface and proven some ionic nature, even if early days. This is important.

on the graphite, there are developments happening using silicon as the main anode material. There is progress being made but there are still technical challenges. The benefit is the ability to achieve greater energy density, ie effectively more energy for the same weight. This means you can get longer range cars by approx 30% from what I understand. Although the raw material is currently cheaper getting silicon to a state where it can be used in battery anodes requires a lot of energy so is not cheap. Have been reading a number of experts in the field suggest battery makers saying graphite and silicon will play a role into the future with different applications and different manufacturers choosing different options. We are seeing the same in cathode materials. Higher end cars likely to use silicon. The current forecasts for graphite are just crazy anyway, no way the market can meet them. Personally I think graphite still has a big role to play especially where it can be sustainably sourced. There is also the graphene potential market which is starting to evolve I understand. There are also a number of techs looking at increasing the energy density of graphite too using HPA which have to date resulted in increases of approx 15%.

I would be interested in understanding more about silicon. If you think about solar panels and batteries the potential demand is just huge. Is there just an infinite supply?

anyway all very interesting stuff and looking forward to some more drill results.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add ITM (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
6.7¢
Change
0.000(0.00%)
Mkt cap ! $10.93M
Open High Low Value Volume
6.7¢ 6.7¢ 6.7¢ $3.415K 50.96K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
5 294174 6.6¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
6.7¢ 27925 1
View Market Depth
Last trade - 14.53pm 16/08/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
ITM (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.