ITM 2.63% 7.8¢ itech minerals ltd

I believe the problem is battery manufacturers are still going...

1. 2,862 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 259
    I believe the problem is battery manufacturers are still going for who will supply them the cheaper minerals over what is ethical.

Just look at what Indonesia did to that Nickel price and cobalt prices, they are still digging that stuff up in DRC and China will do what's cheaper whether right or wrong.

It is all tug of war though, because it's not really an optional transition, Western governments are pushing everyone to go electric, and how do they do that? By importing more cheaper EVs, which means manufacturing more cheaper EVs, which means cheaper batteries which means also cheapening up on the battery minerals, while lifting fuel taxes and making ICE cars more expensive.

While in a fair world it should be done ethically, workers should be paid fairly, it should be done with minimal environmental destruction and pollution, yes it means more expensive EVs, but this market perhaps should be left for those who can afford it (which will mean a much more ethical industry), keeping in mind modern ICE cars have way less environmental impact than they used to, I don't believe the Western governments are going about this the right way and the transition needs to be optional.

There are massive corners being cut right now in certain countries and it's being recklessly done on the back of blood, sweat, tears, poverty wages and a big environmental cost. And that sort of supply is contributing to weaker commodity prices.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add ITM (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
7.8¢
Change
0.002(2.63%)
Mkt cap ! $9.538M
Open High Low Value Volume
7.6¢ 7.9¢ 7.6¢ $12.77K 167.3K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
1 12987 7.7¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
7.8¢ 598 1
View Market Depth
Last trade - 15.45pm 16/05/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
Last
8.0¢
  Change
0.002 ( 6.67 %)
Open High Low Volume
7.5¢ 8.0¢ 7.5¢ 20750
Last updated 12.39pm 16/05/2024 ?
ITM (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.