POS 0.00% 0.3¢ poseidon nickel limited

It's a Copper Whopper, page-121

1. 5,021 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 2247
    Wonderfully written post. I like your writing style very much.

I disagree, however, with the nub of the case to go hard and go early, without market confirmation. Especially since we don't already have a cash war chest sitting in the bank, just waiting for a gutsy move.

On the question of what have we got to lose?

A: Money... and lots of it, if we get it wrong and go hard and early before the market (NP) has confirmed our assessment. If management leverages itself up based on a hunch, but gets the timing wrong, it could spell financial disaster. Quite possibly a company-breaking strategy. Here, I'm talking about correctly identifying what will happen, but misjudging the "when" by a year or two... or five.

Let's face it, current management does not have good form for making bold decisions and getting them right. We all know that past performance is no guarantee of future performance, but when it comes to assessing personal strengths/weaknesses/track record, using the past to help govern our forward-looking decisions (i.e. when it comes to placing our faith in individuals) is the only way to operate, imo.

When we consider that the company doesn't already have the required cash squirreled away (i.e. generated from past profits) and that it would need to be raised from lenders or new equity issue (or a combo of both) in exchange for exceedingly deep discounts or potentially punitive interest rates due to the perceived risk (see my earlier post about AF's 11-19% financing), I have to say that it wouldn't make much commercial sense just yet.

Money buys options. If we had it, we could possibly risk it, with greatly reduced likelihood of breaking the company. But we don't have it. So, a slower, more cautious approach is required, imo. There's really no need to bet the company on a crap shoot (i.e. timing bet).

Z

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add POS (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.